There’s nothing like a book about the ‘dismal science’ (economics) to put you to sleep, But these are great reads that get at the heart of the intellectual incompetence in Washington. I hope you like them. Yeah, just to be self-serving, there are a couple from me too.
As dull as politics and economics are, these are actually both interesting and compelling.
- Knowledge and Power by George Gilder
- Socialism, Capitalism and Democracy by Joseph Schumpeter
- Keynes and Hayek: The Clash that Defined Modern Economics by Nicolas Wapshott
- The Evolution of Everything by Matt Ridley
- Coming Apart by Charles Murray (If you like this, Losing Ground is also a great book.)
- Killing Goldilocks by Tom Lewellen (If you like this, you will find Just Right interesting as well.)
- The Miracle at Philadelphia by Catherine Drinker Bowen
- Grand Pursuit, The Story of Economic Genius by Sylvia Nasar
- 1776 by David McCullough
- Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman
Most reading lists contain the requisite Road to Serfdom by Hayek, Mises’ Liberalism, Marx’s Das Kapital, and Keynes General Theory. They are all tough reads. If you are a gluten for punishment, pick them up. If you have a favorite, send me a note, or make a comment below.
MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: If you have a book you want to share, please send the info and I will link. Here’s one from a friend. SEND ME YOUR LINKS!!!
- Trump, America Loves a Winner by Ken Julien